About This Phase
Now your Eploy system build has been completed by your Implementation Manager and configured by you, and you’re now on the home stretch – the last thing to do before your system launches is to thoroughly test it, to make sure everything is working not only as designed, but also as expected and required.
By the end of this phase of your project you will have:
- Fully tested the Eploy system functionality in all areas of the system
- Updated your internal Test Log
- Reported any issues for Eploy on the Implementation Feedback Form
- Re-tested any failed tests
- Signed off the Authority To Go Live Form, ready for launch
- Booked your Standard User Training
- Agreed a launch date
You will have already attended the Customer Testing webinar during Phase 3, but you are welcome to attend again, and you can find the schedule for the Customer Testing webinar here.
We have provided you with some documentation to help you during this phase of the project, each of which can be found in your Teamwork project. We have a knowledge base article for each of these documents, clicking on the bullets below will take you to the appropriate article:
By now you will have prepared your Testing Script Templates, Testing Scenarios and booked time in with your testers ready to start your testing. The Test Log is how you will keep a record of the tests you have completed and the Implementation Feedback Form is how you will report your testing feedback to your Implementation Manager.
Please note that any change requests raised during this phase may be chargeable and result in a delay to your project. Alternatively, this may be moved to a post go live phase.
Looking Ahead to Phase 5
There are some things that you should think about in advance of the final phase of the project: Phase 5 – Launch & Hypercare.
Once you’ve agreed a launch date with your Implementation manager, it’s really important to make sure that you spend some time looking at your communication and launch plan, both internally within the business and externally to candidates – after all, you want your new ATS to be a roaring success, and so do we!
We’re sure you already have all this in hand, but here are a few things to think about…
When thinking about launching the system to your Hiring Managers, make sure you’ve fully thought out how you’re going to train them to use it. Are you going to run some in-person training sessions or webinars? Will you have a user guide? Do you need training videos? Having a decent training plan in place for your Hiring Managers is a sure-fire way to ensure your launch internally goes as well as it possibly can. We have plenty of experience in helping customers up-skill their hiring managers on Eploy, so if you’re stuck for ideas or need some help, let your implementation manager know.
- You’ll also need to consider the logistics around launching to your Hiring Managers – are you going to roll it out in phases, or go big bang? How are you going to let them know how to access the system and what their login details are? If they have any problems, they’ll need to know who to contact for support as well.
- Let’s also not forget any Recruitment Agencies you’re working with – if you’re rolling out the Vendor Portal at the same time, the same thought process needs to be applied here as well.
- Off the back of all that, you’ll want to make sure that your internal comms and marketing/website teams are aware of the roll-out plan so they can make sure they remember to switch over any links on your website to your new Eploy website. This step is especially important if your old ATS is being switched off on a specific date – the last thing you want is for eager candidates to click a link and be presented with an error message!
As always, your Implementation Manager is on hand for any questions and guidance that you need.