Workflow widgets are the best way to display your latest applications & interviews on your dashboard, giving you direct access to your recruitment pipelines and all the information you require to screen, progress and reject candidates as soon as they come in.
Adding a Workflow Widget
From your dashboard, use Add Widget in the top right hand corner to choose your widget type, before selecting Workflow from the Other section.
After selecting Workflow, you can begin to configure the widget to show the specific application stages you require for either all or just your live vacancies. Starting with How would you like to view your widget?:
- Title is the name of the widget and will be visible on your dashboard. This should be clear and concise, indicating which applications you are choosing to display.
- View Mode allows you to chose between Simple or Detailed option, which means you can group applications by specific workflow stages (simple) or stage & statuses (detailed).
- Active Applications Only - By ticking this option you can automatically hide any terminated applications from the widget, which is great for using the Simple view mode.
Hint - By hiding terminating applications this means that any incomplete applications wont appear within the widget until they are complete, whilst those that are rejected will also subsequently disappear.
Once you have configured how to view the widget, the next section is How would you like to break this down?
- Group by allows you to split your applications either by workflow or by vacancy. If you have lots of similar roles active, workflow maybe better here as it will allow you to screen and process all the applications together. If not and the process is different per vacancy, then the vacancy option will make it easier to work this way.
Hint - if grouping by workflow, navigating through the widget will take you to the pipeline view, where as grouping by Vacancy will allow you to chose, either the pipeline view or the tab view.
- Filter Recruitment Workflows - From here, you can chose to include only applications from certain workflows. This makes it easier focus on specific business areas or workstreams per dashboard, allowing for different widgets, settings and views per workflow.
Show then allows you to filter the records shown in the workflow widget, based on which vacancies to include. You can choose from:
- All Live Vacancies - This will show the applications for any vacancy, so long as the role is still active.
- My Live Vacancies - As above, but only for live vacancies assigned to the logged in user.
- All Vacancies - Regardless of being assigned to the user or still being active, this setting will include all vacancies.
- My Vacancies - This will show applications for any jobs assigned to the logged in user, regardless of being active or not.
- Selected Vacancies - Here you can specify which vacancies to include, by selecting from the list. This is ideal for any evergreen vacancies which multiple users may work from, but may not be assigned too.
The final option is to chose a colour which will allow you personalise and categorise the information displayed on the dashboard. Experiment with different options to see which works best for you before clicking Save to add the widget to your dashboard.
Hints & Tips
You can use this workflow widget to help highlight applications at key stages of your process, to help ensure that all applications get reviewed and all candidates get feedback. Here are some hints and tips for building different workflow widgets.
Active Applications for Closed Vacancies
You can use this widget to highlight if there are any applications which require feedback, but the vacancy has already been filled by a successful candidate or closed for other reasons. This is a great way to ensure that all candidates have the best possible experience & receive regret notifications when you are no longer recruiting for the position.
To show these in your applications, ensure that Active Applications only is ticked, whilst you are choosing to show either All Vacancies or My Vacancies.
Hint - Remember to change the title of the widget each time too, to ensure that is clear what is being displayed.
Hiring Manager Dashboards - Workflow Widgets
Workflow widgets are particularly effective tools for your hiring managers as they allow the HM to navigate from the dashboard into the workflow and access their applications. You can also set these up for closed vacancies using the setting above, but ensure that you select the View Mode as Detailed and pick the specific statuses which require feedback. You can then Group By Vacancies, which will allow the HM to navigate directly to the applications that can then be closed & contacted as required.
When recruiting, you may find quality candidates which aren't quite right for this role but maybe suited for something in the future. These are often referred to as Silver Medallists. You can help highlight these by configuring a workflow widget to show applications at interview stages, which have not yet received feedback (using a simple view mode & specifying your interview stages, along with active applications only) or use a dedicated outcome / status of Silver Medallist.