Job Alerts are are automated emails which are sent to Candidates, who have opted in, when Vacancies are published which match their preferences.
If you only have a single website hosted by Eploy, you will only have one single set of Job Alerts. If you have multiple websites hosted by us, you'll be able to have multiple sets of Job Alerts - one for each website.
To access Job Alerts, navigate to Admin > Job Alerts.
Here you'll find two tabs - Details and Emails.
The Emails tab is where you'll find the email templates used for your Job Alerts. There will be two email templates for each set of Job Alerts - one for individual vacancy matches and one for multiple vacancy matches (see later).
Please have a look at this article in our wider Knowledge Base for full details on creating Email templates - https://support.eploy.co.uk/hc/en-gb/sections/200459423-Email-SMS-Mail-Merge.
The Details tab is where the Job Alert settings are located - one for each website you have which is hosted by Eploy.
To amend the settings, click the website name.
To begin, we have the Job Alert Details:
- Tick the box to make the settings Active
- Set the date from which these Job Alerts settings will be effective from
- Indicate how frequently you want Eploy to send Job Alert emails - Hourly or Daily.
- The Maximum Emails to Send field allows you to control how many emails get sent to a Candidate within the frequency set above. For example, if the frequency is set to Hourly and the maximum emails is set to 2, Eploy will check every hour for matching vacancies - if 2 or fewer vacancies are published within that hour, Eploy will send each matching Vacancy as a separate email. Above that, the Summary email will be sent.
- Having set the above, you can select which email templates to use
Next we have a series of controls which allows you to dictate on which days of the week Job Alert emails will be sent, and between which hours of the day. This allows you to avoid emails being sent at unsociable times or on weekends.
Finally, indicate which preferences should be used to match Candidates to Vacancies, and which Contact preference should be used by Eploy to determine whether Candidates should be sent Job Alerts or not.
Having made all required changes, click Save.
Next to the Save button you'll find a Preview button. Clicking this will show you a preview of the impact your new settings will have.
For more information on Job Alerts, please see this section of our main Knowledge Base - Managing Job Alerts.
Tip to view many of the articles contained within our main Knowledge base you'll need to first access it via your Eploy Core System - log in, then use the ? icon within the blue bar and select Knowledge Base. If the link above doesn't work, please do this then try the link again - if it still doesn't work, please let your Implementation Manager know.