There are four main elements to Reference Collection within Eploy, each of which can be configured by you.
Reference Collection Details
Within the details section you can control:
- The file type that completed references will be saved as
- The number of days after which the reference request will expire
- Whether a Right to Contact file should be displayed to referees
- Whether Hiring Managers should be able to see references, and if so, whether they can change the status of the reference, download the reference file and submit references
These settings are applied to all references collected within your system.
Reference Collection Settings
As a default your system will come with a single set of Reference Collection Settings, which you can amend as needed.
You're also free to create new settings if you wish. This can be useful if you want to use different forms for reference types depending on the business area or vacancy e.g. two different sets of Employment Reference questions.
To amend the existing settings, click the name. To create new settings, click Add.
You'll now be able to:
- Give the settings a name, description and make them active
- Select the form to be used for each Reference Type. If the form you want to use isn't listed, you'll need to create it (see later). Tip if you want to have more reference types than those available, navigate to Admin > Drop Down Lists and select Reference Types from the large drop down list at the top of the screen. Click Add to add new items.
- Indicate whether completed references should be saved as a PDF and whether the referee can upload their own reference
Having set these settings, you'll now be able to control the email notifications:
- Referee Emails - set the Initial and reminder emails, the reminder interval and any emails to be sent to the referee when the reference has been completed and expired.
- Candidate Emails - set the email to send to Candidates when the reference has been received, expired and refused
- User Emails - set the email to send when the reference has been completed, along with the users to email. You can also select an email to send when the reference expires or is refused.
If the email you want to use isn't listed, you'll need to create the email template, which we'll look at further down in this article.
Reference Collection Forms
The forms each referee completes live within the Reference Collection settings window - to access them click on the Forms tab.
To amend a form, click its name.
To create a new one, click New.
Please have a look at this section of our main Knowledge Base to learn more about creating Forms in Eploy - https://support.eploy.co.uk/hc/en-gb/sections/6882884385181-Discover-Forms.
Note the section above will make reference to Scoring and Grading - this feature isn't available within Reference Collection Forms.
Reference Collection Email Templates
The email templates used for Reference Collection purposes can be found in the Emails section, rather than anywhere else within Eploy.
As with Forms, we have a dedicated section within our wider Knowledge Base which looks at email templates - https://support.eploy.co.uk/hc/en-gb/sections/200459423-Email-SMS-Mail-Merge.
If you want to learn more about Reference Collection within Eploy, please have a look at this section of our main Knowledge base https://support.eploy.co.uk/hc/en-gb/sections/360004657037-Reference-Collection-Settings.
Tip to view many of the articles contained within our main Knowledge base you'll need to first access it via your Eploy Core System - log in, then use the ? icon within the blue bar and select Knowledge Base. If the link above doesn't work, please do this then try the link again - if it still doesn't work, please let your Implementation Manager know.