When trying to find a specific Record within a list, filters mean that you don't need to scroll through record after record, tab after tab.
Depending on which type of Record you’re viewing, the options available within the filter will be different. However, the way you use the filter is the same.
In this article we'll explore how to use the filter.
To jump to a specific section, use the links below:
Note: The filter operates within a pop-up window. Please ensure that you have enabled pop-ups within your browser for your Eploy database. If you are unsure how to do this, please contact your local IT support team.
Opening the Filter
When viewing any list of Records, the Filter can be opened by clicking the Filter button on the grey toolbar.
If this button is coloured Orange, that indicates that a filter has already been applied. When you move your mouse over the Filter button in this state a couple of options will appear – Remove Filter and Remove Last Filter.
You can use the Filter to refine a list of Records and keep repeating the process until you are happy with the results.
Clicking Remove Last Filter will remove the last refinement you made from the current filter.
Clicking Remove Filter will remove the filter completely, showing you the full list of Records.
Using the Filter
The filter options available to you will vary by Record Type, but the way you use the Filter remains the same.
As you scroll down the filter window, select whichever options you want to filter by.
If you are using a text field and want to enter a wildcard, use the Asterisk *. For example:
- Entering *Manager* in a Vacancy Title field will return results where the word Manager appears in the Vacancy Title of a related Record
- Entering *Manager on the other hand would only return results where the word Manager appears at the end of the Vacancy Title
At the bottom of the filter window are the Filter Options.
Select the inverse of your Query
If you tick this box, Eploy will search for the opposite of what you have entered. For example, if you enter a date range and tick this box Eploy will return records which fall outside of the date range.
Apply this query to your existing filter
Here you have three options:
- Replace List will overwrite any existing filter you have applied and only return results based upon this new filter. This is the default option
- Narrow List will add the options selected to your current filter. For example, if you are currently viewing Live Vacancies (although this is a selectable option from the View Menu, it is simply a filter applied to All Vacancies) and add *Manager* to the Vacancy Title field, clicking Apply with Narrow List selected will add this filter to the current filter, meaning you’ll now only see Live Vacancies which have Manager in the Vacancy Title field
- Add search results to list allows you to expand your current Filter by adding extra options. For example, if you are currently viewing Actions with a Confirmed Status, selecting Arranging with Add Search Results selected will return Actions with a status of Confirmed or Arranging
Keep this query until you press remove filter
With this option selected (which is the default option), this filter will remain applied until you chose to remove it.
What this means in practice is that if you navigate to another page within Eploy and subsequently return to this list of Records, the filter you have applied will still be in place.
Hint: Ever look at list of records and you don't see what you'd expect? This will likely mean that a previous filter is still applied, so check the filter button - its its orange, it means you have a filter on, so you are seeing restricted results. Clear the filter to see the full list.