The first step towards using the Hiring Manger portal effectively is being able to Log In, so it can be frustrating if you password expires or you change devices and aren't sure how to log in. In this scenario, there are two ways you can gain access to the system or portals and have your password reset:
- Forgotten Password - From the log in screen, each hiring manager can trigger a password reset process by using the Forgotten Password function. All they need to do is click the link, enter the email address associated to their account and follow the instructions on the email received. This will allow them to reset the password themselves & is the most secure way of managing your log in details.
Hint - For more information on logging in as a Hiring Manger, please see this guide.
- Admin User Reset - If the hiring manager is unable to use the forgotten password, an Admin User can reset the password on their behalf. To do this, the user can select Admin > Users from the blue Eploymenu, then clicking into the ID of the hiring manager who needs the password reset. From here, the username, password and email address can be updated as required.
Hints & Tips
When managing passwords, there are a couple of things to consider to help keep your system secure:
- Once logged in, Users can manage their own passwords within Settings, found in the top right hand corner of the portal.
- Any passwords set will need to comply with your password policies, which you can view within Admin > Security Settings > Hiring Managers.
- If using Single Sign-On (SSO), the username will need to match with the token in the SSO configuration. If you don't know what this is, please contact your local IT department
- When changing usernames, they are not case sensitive, but passwords are so be cautious with your data entry.
- Avoid including spaces unless deliberate in both the password and the username, as they will be accepted by the system but can cause confusion - especially if inadvertently at the end of the password / username. This can occur when copy & pasting from emails etc.