When managing Workflow Stages, the first thing you need to do is complete the Stage Details - this can be done either by clicking Add Stage, or clicking the name of an existing stage.
To begin, select the Stage Name and Stage Type (Action, Application or Placement).
Hint - You will need to make sure the Stage Name has been added to your list of Application Stage Names.
Depending on which Stage Type you are editing, there will be different options available to you:
Application Stages are used in the recruitment workflow for any review, shortlisting or screening stages of the process. This can include any new application acknowledgements, hiring manager feedback required or on-holds. For any part of the recruitment process that is not an event at a set time and place, or relates to an offer, you should use an application stage.
When setting up an Application stage, you need to determine which statuses you want to make available within that stage. From the drop down list, simply tick the statuses you wish to include.
Hint - Cant see the status you need? You can create new ones within Admin > Drop Down Lists > Applications Statuses.
When selecting your statuses, here are some hints & tips to consider:
- Think about what different statuses you need and will be useful. Different statuses are great for holding pots whilst you look to make a decision, but too many options can cause confusion.
- Statuses can be used to trigger automatic emails, so consider how many options you need for communicating with the candidate.
- Different statuses can add value when reporting, helping you to break down rejection reasons for example.
- You can control on a status-by-status level if applications at each status are visible to hiring managers, so additional statuses can allow you to show or hide applications throughout the journey.
- You can use the same status on different application stages, each with different notifications and settings attributed. This may help you to reduce the number of unique statuses etc. For example, you may chose to have On Hold available at both the To Review application stage and the Hiring Manager Shortlist.
Once you have picked the statuses you need, click Save to confirm.
Action Stages are any event or meeting which needs to be scheduled during the recruitment process, including face to face or online interviews, assessment centres or testing stages.
Having confirmed the type of action used at this stage, you can determine how the actions are created:
- Allow users to move without creating actions - This enables Core System Users to move an Application to this stage without creating an action, allowing them to schedule it later. Selecting this option gives you the freedom to confirm interview availability with a Candidate before creating the Action in Eploy, or invite the candidate to select their own interview time using Slots.
- Allow users to create actions - This allows core system users to create the interviews, rather than waiting for the Hiring Manager to do so. This can be particularly useful for centralised recruitment models when the core team will be arranging interviews.
Having determined how the interview is created, you then decide how the candidate interacts with the event:
- Allow candidates to see actions at this stage - This means that when booking interviews or inviting candidates to chose available interview slots, the action will be visible to them in the portal. This gives you greater control over the amount of information the candidate has access to during the process and means you can restrict them from viewing details relating to specific internal only actions or events. If you will be inviting candidates to self-serve and book or confirm their own interviews, you will need to tick this option.
- Slot Selection Deadline - When inviting candidates to self-serve and confirm interview slots, this setting controls how long before the event takes place that it is still available to select. For example, setting this to 48 hours will mean that candidates can select any available slots up to 48 hours before the event - after that time, the candidate will not be able to select it. This ensures that you are prepared for any selected interviews and that they aren't being confirmed at too short notice.
- Allow Candidates to change slots - Once a candidate has picked a slot, this option allows them to change to a different available slot if possible. This gives the candidate additional flexibility, but you need to ensure that there are alternative slots available. Any vacated slots will become available to other candidates automatically.
- Allow candidates to cancel interviews - Once candidates have selected or confirmed their interview slot, this allows them to cancel or decline their interview. This will not free up the slot for any other candidate and users will have visibility of any reasons for decline in the application dialogue.
- Auto Delete Deadline - Any slots that are not taken by candidates will be automatically deleted by the system, as they have not been used. This setting determines when the slots are removed so should be after they become unavailable to the candidate, based on the slot selection deadline. For example, if the deadline is 48 hours, this should be 24 hours prior to the event start time to help avoid any confusion.
Once configured, click Save to confirm your changes.
Placement stages are used from the offer point onwards and you can have as many different placement stages as you need - this can be particularly useful if you have offer, onboarding and induction stages in your recruitment processes.
For each placement stage, you need to pick the statuses you wish to use, with each status having different settings available for notifications and hiring manager visibility.
There is also the option to Allow Users to Move without Creating Placements - if this is unticked, when a user progresses the candidate to this stage, they will be forced to create the offer. Tick this if the information may not be to hand at this stage, meaning you can progress the candidate but not formalise the offer immediately.
Finalise your settings by clicking Save to confirm.