Once you begin customising fields and have selected Standard or Custom fields, you will see a grid of all the fields available to you to manage. To use the grid effectively though, we would recommend starting with the Program Module / Question Group Filter, found in the top right hand corner of the screen.
This filter allows you to navigate between different areas of the system, based on the tab or record in which they are stored. For example, if you are looking to customise a field on the History tab of the candidate record, you can select History from the drop down list - the grid will refresh, displaying only the History fields.
Hint - Can't find the area of the system you are looking for? Check the name of the tab and if it doesn't show within the Program Module filter, then it means that the tab is actually custom and you will be able to find within Custom Fields.
The Grid Layout
The layout of this page helps you to understand the current configuration of your system, by breaking down each field down into the following columns:
- Module – This shows which area of the system the field is recorded in and allows you to understand each record type with Eploy.
- Field Label –This is how the field is displayed in the core system and can be updated by clicking on the name.
- Data Type – This column shows you how information is recorded within the field, either as drop down lists, free text, numeric or Boolean.
- Core System – This shows whether the field is currently active in your core Eploy system.
- Core System Required – As well as the field being active, this will show if the field is mandatory in the core system. If a field is mandatory, then it must be completed before being able to update / save the record.
The same options are then available for the Candidate Portal, Hiring Manager Portal and the Vendor Portal.