The User Activity Export Report is Eploy’s largest, most powerful and most flexible reporting tool available within the system. This report will allow you to draw information from any record type, with no record limits. With this in mind, you can report on any data stored within any field across the system.
Because of the flexibility in terms of datasets and filters, there are additional steps to configure before running a user activity report.
The Report Builder
You can run the user activity export report from either Reports on the grey toolbar, or on the blue Eploymenu, under Activity Reports.
Hint - By running the report from the blue Eploymenu, you can access all data. The grey toolbar will allow you to filter for a subset of records first, so decide on the nature of your report which is most suitable.
Once you are in the report builder, you can add fields from across the system within Available Fields. To add a new column to your report, you can simply click on the + icon against each field, to add this as a new column into your report.
At the bottom of the Available Fields column are the Activity Date fields and are used to drive the content of the report. As all activity relates back to an activity date, you can select the most appropriate option from here.
Hint - The activity dates should relate to what you are trying to report on. For example, if reporting on candidates, chose one of the candidate date fields, such as creation date. If you chose to include multiple activity dates, each record in the report may be duplicated, showing once for each selected activity date. Keep this in mind if attempting to report on volumes using this report.
Within Selected Fields, there are a number of options:
- Change the order of the columns in the report, using the arrows up and down.
- Change the order of the data within the report, using Order By This. Once selected, the order by options will be shown on the right hand side.
- Change how the data is grouped in the report, using Group By This. Any group by options selected will be shown on the right hand side.
- Remove the field from your report using the X icon, which will immediately remove from the select fields list.
Hint - All of the actions above can also be done when within the report, so you can always tweak the order by or the group by options, even when viewing the data.
You can also filter your reports from within the Report Builder, by accessing the Report Filter. This allows you to filter for activity within a certain date range or on specific users.
Once you have built your template, you can choose to save this for future reference, making it easier and quicker to export again. To do this, click Save Report and populate:
- Settings Title - This is the name of the saved report and will be visible in the reports drop down list.
- Settings Description - This is an internal field only, allowing you add some context to the report / how it is used etc.
- Sharing Options - Here you can decide who else in the organisation will have access to your report template. You can select the entire company, or pick individual users.
Hint - Any user you have shared the report with will be able to edit or potentially delete the template, so please do be cautious. Similarly, if you chose to share with the whole company when not required, it just makes an excess number of templates available in the drop down list. With these points in mind, chose to share only with those that will benefit from this template.
Once you have selected your users to utilise this Report, click Save and the report will then be available as a Report Template.
Hint - When saving report templates, your Report Filters will also be saved.
Running your Saved Reports
Once you access the User Activity Export Report, you can retrieve any saved templates from within the 3 dot menu, under Report Options. From here, you can switch between saved templates or apply candidate filters to your report, based on saved queries.
Once you have selected your template, click View Report to see the data in the browser. Alternatively, you can export as CSV directly, which can be particularly useful if reporting on lots of data.
Hint - It can take a few mins to generate your report, when exporting to CSV.