The Vacancy Tracker Reports are a great tool for monitoring your recruitment volumes, as well as the life cycle of your recruitment workflow. This report comes in two versions, both of which are configured in the same way but have different benefits:
- Vacancy Tracker - This is a snapshot of your current recruitment process, highlighting exactly where in the process each of your applications are. This can be used to give the ongoing overview, as well as help to plan and forecast your upcoming recruitment activity.
- Vacancy Tracker Accumulative - This report will account for each application at every stage of the process they have been through, meaning you can track and report on the total recruitment activity for each role. This is perfect for looking back on recruitment campaigns and understanding the total application volumes.
Accessing The Report Builder
Accessing the Report Builder can be done in two different ways, and depends on what data you are looking to report on.
By clicking Reports in the Blue Eploymenu, the Vacancy Trackers from here will be based on your live vacancies. This is ideal for a quick snapshot of your activity, your applications for your roles.
Alternatively, you can first filter for any roles to report on, before clicking Reports on the grey toolbar.
Hint - You can report on up to 2500 vacancies at a time.
Once within Reports, select Vacancy Tracker or Vacancy Tracker Accumulative to access the report builder. if you have any saved templates, you can select them directly from the list.
The Report Builder
Within Available Fields, you can chose fields from across vacancies, candidates, companies and applications to populate your report. Use the + icon to add individual fields or you can include entire sections by clicking Select All.
At the bottom of the Available Fields column are the Workflow based fields. These will show you the number of applicants at each stage, helping you to track & report on progression of the recruitment volumes.
Hint - You can chose up to a maximum of 50 fields for each report template.
As you select fields, you will see them populate the central column of the report, under Selected Fields.
Within Selected Fields, there are a number of options:
- Change the order of the columns in the report, using the arrows up and down.
- Change the order of the data within the report, using Order By This. Once selected, the order by options will be shown on the right hand side.
- Change how the data is grouped in the report, using Group By This. Any group by options selected will be shown on the right hand side.
- Remove the field from your report using the X icon, which will immediately remove from the select fields list.
Hint - All of the actions above can also be done when within the report, so you can always tweak the order by or the group by options, even when viewing the data.
Once you have built your template, you can choose to save this for future reference, making it easier and quicker to export again. To do this, click Save Report and populate:
- Settings Title - This is the name of the saved report and will be visible in the reports drop down list.
- Settings Description - This is an internal field only, allowing you add some context to the report / how it is used etc.
- Sharing Options - Here you can decide who else in the organisation will have access to your report template. You can select the entire company, or pick individual users.
Hint - Any user you have shared the report with will be able to edit or potentially delete the template, so please do be cautious. Similarly, if you chose to share with the whole company when not required, it just makes an excess number of templates available in the drop down list. With these points in mind, chose to share only with those that will benefit from this template.
After saving, simply click View Report to see your template & data.
Hint - When viewing the report, you can drag column headers, click titles or even export the data, using the excel logos available at the right hand edge of the report.