The Candidate Tracker Report allows you to look at the individual journey of each application, as they progress through your recruitment workflow. With information available from vacancies, companies, candidate and applications, it is the most in depth way to report on your recruitment activity, as well as giving you the option to report on ED&I information.
Hint - You can even use the Candidate tracker to create name blind version of your reports, which can be easily shared and exported from the system.
Accessing The Report Builder
Accessing the Report Builder can be done in two different ways, and depends on what data you are looking to report on.
By clicking Reports in the Blue Eploymenu, the Candidate Trackers from here will be based on your live vacancies. This is ideal for a quick snapshot of your activity and applications for your roles.
Alternatively, you can first filter for any roles to report on, before clicking Reports on the grey toolbar.
Hint - You can report on up to 2500 vacancies at a time.
Once within Reports, select Candidate Tracker to access the report builder. if you have any saved templates, you can select them directly from the list.
The Report Builder
Within Available Fields, you can chose fields from across vacancies, candidates, companies and applications to populate your report. Use the + icon to add individual fields or you can include entire sections by clicking Select All.
At the bottom of the Available Fields column are the Workflow based fields. These will show you the date that the candidate reached each stage, helping you to track and report on progression and time to hire throughout the workflow.
Hint - You can chose up to a maximum of 50 fields (each field is a column on your report) for each report template.
As you select fields, you will see them populate the central column of the report, under Selected Fields.
Within Selected Fields, there are a number of options:
- Change the order of the columns in the report, using the up and down arrows.
- Change the order of the data within the report, using Order By This. Once selected, the order by options will be shown on the right hand side.
- Change how the data is grouped in the report, using Group By This. Any group by options selected will be shown on the right hand side.
- Remove the field from your report using the X icon, which will immediately remove from the select fields list.
Hint - All of the actions above can also be done when within the report, so you can always tweak the order by or the group by options, even when viewing the data.
Once you have built your template, you can choose to save this for future reference, making it easier and quicker to export again. To do this, click Save Report and populate:
- Settings Title - This is the name of the saved report and will be visible in the reports drop down list.
- Settings Description - This is an internal field only, allowing you add some context to the report / how it is used etc.
- Sharing Options - Here you can decide who else in the organisation will have access to your report template. You can select the entire company, or pick individual users.
Hint - Any user you have shared the report with will be able to edit or potentially delete the template, so please be cautious. Similarly, if you chose to share with the whole company when not required, it just makes an excess number of templates available in the drop down list. With these points in mind, chose to share only with those that will benefit from this template.
After saving, click View Report.
Hint - When viewing the report, you can drag column headers, click titles or even export the data, using the excel logos available at the right hand edge of the report.