On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) became Law throughout the European Union, replacing all existing Data Protection legislation.
The GDPR enhances the rights of the individual to decide how their Data and Personal Information is handled by companies and requires that companies handling the Data of EU Citizens put in place processes and tools to assist EU Citizens in understanding:
- What data you hold about them
- How the Data will be used
- How long it is stored for
Additionally, the GDPR gives individuals the right to have their Data anonymised or deleted from any database and it puts restrictions on how quickly a company must respond to these requests.
Here at Eploy, we take the GDPR seriously and have created a series of tools to assist you in implementing this new Law. Using our Consent Module, you can:
- Capture all information required to support an application
- Track consent expiry
- Provide a full breakdown of contact preference options
- Provide candidates with a quick way to remove their data from your database
Within your Eploy database, the GDPR will potentially affect both your Candidate and Contact records.