The Workflow tab is the best way to report on your vacancies; Available on individual vacancies, or groups of vacancies up to 1000 records, the Workflow can help you identify the recruitment cycle volume, highlighting how many candidates have gone through your application process and how many have reach each stage. This is particularly useful for collating data and reporting on quotas for interviews/assessments/offers and placements.
The Workflow report is available on individual vacancies, showing exactly at which stage of the process each applicant has made it too, how many candidates are involved and if any are yet to be contacted. This is particularly useful as an overview of the vacancy – giving an overall summary or a quick catch up. To access the Workflow;
- Select History/favourites from the Eploymenu.
- Highlight the vacancy and select Workflow from the submenu.
Note: The vacancy will only appear on these drop down menus if they have been added to your favourites or been worked on recently.
- Alternatively, once within the Vacancy record, you can select to begin working on the vacancy.
- Then select the Workflow quick link, below the search bar.
- The Workflow quick link will take you into the vacancy workflow, straight to the Workflow tab.
- The tab can also be accessed by clicking straight into the Workflow tab, when working within the vacancy.
Accessing the Workflow for multiple vacancies will allow you to report on application quotas, completion rates and the recruitment cycle. To access this;
- Use View – Vacancies from the Eploymenu.
- From the Vacancy Global List, use the filter or the Query Builder to get the required vacancies. If you filter for Date Posted, you can get monthly figures, as well as YTD.
- Once you have your filtered results, select the Reports Icon from the Eploy tool bar.
- From the resulting drop down list, select the type of report – This is called Workflow.
Note: This report is available for up to 1000 records. If you filter exceeds this, you will need to apply an additional filter.
- Once you have opened the report, you will then get to choose from an additional drop down list. This list will be all vacancies included in your original filter. You can view each workflow individually, or view the Workflow Report for all the vacancies by selecting the option All in Current Filter.
- This drop down will continue to be available, even once the report is loaded. This way, you can quickly switch between individual vacancies or use All for the overview.
There are two ways to view the workflow report, each showing the data in slightly different way, the Snapshot and the Accumulative views;
- The Snap shot (default) shows which stages of the workflow the candidate is currently at. This means that a candidate will only be counted once. This view is useful for an overview of what is currently happening with the vacancies, displaying where each candidate is up to and whether they have been contacted or not.
- The Accumulative view will show the full process of the workflow, including where a candidate has been at each stage. As a candidate flows through the process, they will be tracked in this view. This means that a candidate will be counted more than once. For example, if a candidate has a first and second interview, it will be tallied here and will be displayed within both first interview and second interview stages. This will allow you to report on how many candidates are making their way through the process, how many interviews are being completed, how many offers are made and how many are placed.
Workflow – Quick Filters
The Workflow report is relational, allowing you to view the candidates, applications and summary information report directly from the report.
- At each stage, the candidates at that stage will be represented by a number. Clicking that number will load the previous Eploy window with all the candidates at that stage. This way, you don’t lose the report in this window, whilst you can also investigate into the candidate records.
- You can view the applications that have made it to each stage by clicking the Application icon.
Note: This is a different filter to the candidates, as a candidate may have more than one application. Depending on what you are reporting on, it is important to ensure the correct filter is selected.
- The third icon will open the summary information report in a new window. This will allow you to extract information from the Candidate Record, without leaving the report.
At different stages, there may other icons – such as View Correspondence or Create Next Action. You can identify what each icon does by hovering the mouse over it.
When viewing the report, the workflow stages are broken down into sections; first of all showing the overall figure before splitting each stage down by action outcome. This means that not only can see at which stage the candidate is at, you can also see if the action has been given an outcome. Additionally, the report is split into columns, displaying Contacted/Not Contacted.