Receiving Notifications as & when candidates register or apply online are a great way of keeping track of an expanding talent pool & new applications. Eploy can keep you up to date with emails and reminders for when a candidate applies for your vacancies, for other User’s vacancies or for all vacancies.
The first part of the process, to receive email notifications, would be to update the settings within your User Profile. To do this, you will need to be an Admin User, or ask an Admin User to make the change for you;
- From the main menu tool bar, select Admin – Users.
- This will take you to the Global User List.
- Here, select the User Record that you wish to update by clicking into the UserID field.
- This section will allow you to update the details of the user profile, such as email addresses, user permissions and signatures.
- In this instance, we need to update the Receive Applications drop down box and the Receive Registrations tick box.
- Receive Applications will allow you to choose to be notified when a candidate either applies for one of your vacancies, applies to any vacancy on the system or no notifications at all.
- Receive Registrations is a tick box, that will either notify you of a website registration or not.
- Once you have updated the settings, click Save.
From the Receive Notifications drop down box, you can select to be notified when a candidate applies for any vacancy. This is great if you are interested all roles on your system. However, if you wanted to receive notifications for a specific user, you would need to assign yourself to their vacancies;
- From the Receive Notifications drop down, select Notify User about Applications to their Vacancies Only.
- Click Save.
- Now you need to go to the Global Vacancy List and open the Query Builder (View – Vacancies – Query Builder).
- Here, you need to filter for the vacancies that have a certain user against them - The users whose notifications you wish to receive.
- To do this, select the All Fields tab and then the Options sub tab.
- From the resulting Drop Down List, select the option Vacancies – Users.
- Then from the second Drop Down List, choose the user you wish to filter for.
- You can then apply it to your query using AND.
- Use View Count to see how many vacancies are attributed to that user and use Apply to view the records.
Now that you have the all the vacancies that you wish to receive notifications for, you can either go into each record and add yourself as a second user, or you can use the Multi Edit tool.
The Multi Edit tool can be found on the sub menu tool bar. If the tool is not visable, then your user profile will not have the requried permission. You can ask an admin user to change your permissions.
To add yourself a second user to multiple records at once, you need to select the required records or use Select All. You can then open the Multi Edit tool from the submenu. Note: You can only multi edit a maximum of 1000 record at a time. Once you have opened the Multi Edit, you will receive the following warning;
The Multi Edit tool is set up as a User Permission because changing details of multiple records can be dangerous, particularly if you are not 100% confident using it. Only use the Multi Edit tool when you are certain you wish to change all records.
To update the users listed against all of these vacancies, use the User Drop Down List along with the ADD/REMOVE buttons. Once you have selected your user and clicked Add, it is then imperative to select APPEND rather than Overwrite. Selecting Append will add you as a second user, whereas Overwrite will remove the original user.
Once you are happy with the changes, click Apply to complete the process. Following these steps will ensure that you receive the notifications for the vacancies your have selected.
You can actually receive notifications for any vacancies, using the Multi Edit tool and adding your User to the record. All you need to do is filter for the vacancies and apply the same method detailed above.