As default, your opportunity workflow will show all OPEN opportunities that are assigned to you as a USER. This is so you can quickly and accurately see all of your ongoing opportunities, leads and potential sales. However, you may wish to report on other users, reflect on lost opportunities or learn from last year’s mistakes: All of this is possible using the Opportunity Filters, available as part of the Workflow.
Using these filters will allow you to very quickly see the opportunities of the rest of the team, as well as choosing to include those with different outcomes or ratings.
When selecting Advanced Filters from the menu, the filter options will open in a new frame, allowing you to build and apply your custom filter.
The filter is broken down into three sections:
- Program Modules – This section allows you to select which area of Eploy you wish to apply your filter. Selecting a module will display all of the available fields within that section of Eploy. For example, Opportunities can be filtered based on criteria found within the Opportunity (users assigned, dates, source etc.), the associated company (name, location business area etc.), contact or candidate (personal details or history) records.
- Filter Fields – Once you have selected the program module, the available fields are displayed in this middle section. Here, you can select the specific field you require and confirm your criteria by using the Add to Filter
- Current Filter – Once you have confirmed your criteria and clicked the Add to Filter button, the criteria will be displayed in the third column – Your Current Filter. This section is to confirm the criteria selected is correct. To remove anything from this section, you just need to click it and it will disappear from your filter.
This section uses simple Boolean logic when applying the filter:
- If filtering for options from the same field, the filter will be doing an OR search. So, in the example above, the filter will show opportunities that have an outcome of Open OR On Hold OR Won OR Lost.
- If filtering based on multiple fields, the filter will be doing an AND search, meaning that results will meet all of the criteria specified within the filter.
Once you are happy with the filter and have confirmed the criteria in the third section is correct, select continue to apply the filter and view the results. The workflow will refresh and display all those opportunities which meets the criteria of the filter.