The most effective way to add a vendor would be through the contact record. This is because the relationship would be auto populated within the record.
- Search for the contact record that relates to the Vendor
- Within the Contact record, select the Users tab
- Once you have clicked into the Users tab, click on New, which will take you to the Insert Users page
On the Insert User page, fill in the details of the user. The minimum fields that are highlighted above. Enter the user information (the following format is just a suggestion - some fields may be auto completed from the contact record):
- User Display Name - (<firstname>[space]<surname>)
- Position - Users Position (same as contact position)
- User Name - (<firstname>[space]<surname>)
- Password - Enter a strong Password (it must contain a combination of upper and lower case letters and a number)
- IMPORTANT pick Vendor from user type.
- Enter in Email Address and Email Display Name
- Click Save
- Once you have clicked on Save, you will be taken to the User Details Click in to the next tab along which is Client Permissions. Choose the permissions for the manager (you may want to check similar users and replicate their permissions). Please see the permissions document, then click Save.
Eploy Tip; A contact/company can have more than one vendor log in. However, it may be worth limiting the number of logins you allow each company, reducing the need to manage users/update passwords etc. when user leaves their agency. Setting the log in details as something generic – Vendor1 - will reduce the need to change details in the future.