Once you have created a “user” on Eploy, you can then configure the settings for that account on the next page that appears called “Edit User”. You can also get to the “Edit User” screen by following the first 3 steps shown under “Creating a User”.
In this section you can access various tabs labelled: User Details, General Permissions, Groups, Saved Queries, Signatures and Activity Log – fig.4
User Details Tab
Within this tab you can amend any of the options that were configured during the initial user setup including: User display name, Login credentials (username/password), email address etc. The password can be changed by clicking on the button, which will then launch a popup window (Make sure popup blocker is disabled). Enter a strong password (mixed case and numbers) then click the button.
- Regional settings: – Select the regional time-zone you are working from. It is defaulted to UK.
- Copy display settings from user: – you can copy the display settings of any other user in your company by selecting them from the drop down list.
- Received Applications: – When checked, this option will allow you to receive notifications when candidates submit applications for vacancies within your company website. You can select from:
- Notify user about all applications
- Notify user about applications to their vacancy only
- Do not send Notification
- Receive Registrations: - Should be set for an admin user, if this is selected you will receive a notification email every time a candidate registers. This is only relevant for Eploy users that also have a linked website where candidates can register.
- Receive notification of vacancy inserts: - Admin user permission. If selected you will receive a notification email telling you that a new vacancy has been added to the system
- Send summary of email merges: - This permission links with the permission below. If this is set on a user record a summary email will be sent to any user with the permission below selected. The email will contain a summary of all the information merged out of the system. This could be an email merge or it could be a .CSV merge document. This is a security feature
- Receive summary of email merges: - Use this option in collaboration with the option above. This needs to be set for admin users.
- Receive notification of denied access: - Admin user permission. You will receive a notification email if a user tries to log onto the system when they no longer have permission i.e. their password has been changed and they try to log on with an old password or if they try to access the system outside of their allotted time i.e. weekend or evening.
- Deactivate User: - You can deactivate users by clicking on the button located at the very bottom of the page. Deactivating the user means that they will no-longer be able to
access Eploy with their login details, but the system will still retain all the information regarding the users history (Audit Trail).
General Permissions Tab
As with the majority of software packages, users access Eploy by logging into user accounts which have various permissions assigned to them determining what the user can and cannot do. Using the various tick boxes inside the “General Permissions” tab, you can specify precisely what the user can and cannot do throughout the system. This sets whether they can create, update, multi -edit and delete records etc. fig.6
- Edit: Allows the user to edit records.
- Multiple Edit: Allows the user to edit multiple records at once.
- View:- For custom sections, users can be given View access instead of Edit, giving read-only access
- Merge to .CSV: Allows the user to export data from your Eploy Database into a .CSV file (comma separated value’s) which can then be imported into spreadsheets etc.
- Delete: Allows the user to delete records.
- Update Website: Allows the user to make changes to your company website.
- Merge Duplicates: Allows the user to merge together duplicate records.
- Authorise: - This is used with placements, timesheets and skills and is usually reserved for admin users, or users that specialise in these areas.
- Insert (only on Client permissions): Allows the user to add new records.
Creating an Admin User: - Scroll down to the bottom of the permissions page and tick the box next to “Admin user” and then click You may also want to click on the button to select all the permissions and then click
Creating a Standard User: - Scroll to the bottom of the permissions page, click on the
button and then manually deselect any permission’s that you want to restrict use of. Usually this would include deselecting the “Admin User” permission along with “Multiple Edit”, “Delete”, “Merge Duplicates”, ”Authorise” and “Merge to .CSV”.
Overview of Other Tabs
Within the Groups Tab, an admin user can view any individuals Groups within Eploy and also allow other users to view the group. It also allows you to change the ownership of that group so if a User is deactivated in the System you can access the details.
Within the Saved Queries Tab, an admin user can view any individuals Saved Queries within Eploy and also allow other users to use the Saved Queries. It also allows you to change the ownership of that Query so if a User is deactivated in the System you can access the details.
When setting up a user in Eploy you are given the option to select the “Log Activity” tick box. Only if that is ticked will the information be recorded in the Log Activity Tab. This is where you can view when each user logged into the system.