When a member of the training team first contacts you, as well as providing you with a basic initial tutorial, one of the first things you will be shown how to do is setup user accounts for the consultants who will be using the system. As with the majority of software packages, users access Eploy by logging into user accounts which have various permissions assigned to them determining what the user can and cannot do
- From the file menu, click on Admin and then select Users from the dropdown list.
- Should you have a brand new system, on the next page you will see two records listed - First User and ITS User. The username is displayed in the top-right of the window next to the date and time.
- To begin editing a record, click the User ID – which is the underlined number running down the left hand side column of the page next to the user record you want to edit.
- Alternatively you might want to create a completely new user. To do this, simply click New on the top tool bar to begin creating a new user account.
Within the Insert User screen there are a number of key fields which need populated in order to create the new user.
- User display name: This will be displayed in the top right corner of the eploy® screen whenever the user is logged in and will also show up against any actions performed within the system by that user to create an audit trail. Usually this will be the consultant’s/user’s name or a name specific to the type of user account e.g. Admin Account.
- Username: This will be the Username that you enter within the eploy® login page to log into the system.
- Password: This will be the Password that you enter within the eploy® login page to gain access to the system. Passwords must be a minimum 6 characters in length and contain a Combination of both mixed case (upper and lower) letters and numbers. Once an acceptable password has been entered, the password bar will state the password strength.
- Email: An essential field that will indicate the senders address to anyone you send emails to from the system
- Email Display Name: An essential field that will be included in the header of any email you send from the system and indicates your name to the recipient.
There are various other options on this page which you may want to configure, these include:
- User Type: This determines whether your user is a Standard User, Client User (if you have a Client Portal), Vendor User (if you have a Vendor Portal)
- Log Activity Tick Box: Select this to keep a log of all basic actions a user performs.
- Mobile Display Text: Used as a simple identifier attached to the subject of any text messages you send out of the system. Commonly you would populate this field with your company name or some abbreviation your contacts will recognise.
- Login Access Settings: These options can be used to restrict the times when that user can log into the Eploy system. You can specify the hours within which the user can log in as-well as access during weekends
- Default Signature: This allows you to select the default signature you would like to load whenever this user sends an email. Creating signatures is explained later in this document.
Once you have completed filling in the Insert User page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save or hit ENTER on your keyboard.
On any page of Eploy you can hit ENTER on the keyboard to save your changes; this has the same effect as clicking on Save at the bottom of any page.
Creating an Admin User: - Scroll down to the bottom of the General Permissions page and tick the box next to Admin User and then click. You may also want to click on the Select All button to select all the permissions and then click Save
Creating a Standard User: - Scroll to the bottom of the General Permissions page, click on the Select All button and then manually deselect any permission’s that you want to restrict use of. Usually this would include deselecting the Admin User permission along with Multiple Edit, Delete, Merge Duplicates, Authorise and Merge to .CSV.