Once your workflow has been created, it is time to start adding opportunities, applying filters and using Eploy to drive your sales pipeline, forecast revenues and benchmark the sales performance.
Haven’t created your workflow yet? See this guide to learn how.
Add New Opportunity
Each opportunity needs to be added, using the + Add Opportunity option on the Eploy toolbar.
This will trigger the opportunity configuration window, where the following information can be set;
- Title – This is the name of the opportunity and how it will appear within the workflow. The title should be unique, instantly recognisable & relevant to the opportunity.
- Company* - The opportunity must be linked to a company, whether it is a client lead or a potential candidate for a role. The company assigned can be updated using Change and then typing the name of the company.
- Contact – This allows the opportunity to be linked to a contact record.
- Candidate – This allows the opportunity to be linked to a contact record.
- Users – More than one user can be assigned to each opportunity, allowing the same opportunity to appear on multiple user’s workflows.
- How did you hear about us? / Which One? / Please specifiy exact fair / newspaper etc - These fields will allow you to set the source of the opportunity – where did it come from, how was it established etc.
- Workflow* - The workflow will default to whichever the opportunity is being added too, but can be updated if required. This allows you to quickly assign an opportunity to a different workflow, without the need to load the workflow first.
- Stage* - This will be determine at which stage / milestone of the workflow this opportunity will appear.
- Deal Value – This field allows you to indicate how much the opportunity is worth to your company.
- Annaul Contract Value – Linked to the deal value, this field will allow you to determine the annual value of the opportunity.
Note: The Deal Value & Annual Contract Value are calculated fields, which are used to show averages, weighted and total values.
There are three date fields available, which allow you to be flexible in how you manage & report on your opportunity workflows.
- Start Date – This is the date that the opportunity was added to the system and will auto-populate when creating a new opportunity.
- Expected Sale Date – This field is for when you expect to complete the opportunity or to make the sale.
- Expected Pay Date – Once the sale is complete, this field is for when you expect to receive payment for the opportunity.
Using the date fields effectively will allow you to accurately track each stage, the progress of each opportunity and reflect / report on your complete sales cycle.
- Outcome – This will determine whether the opportunity is still open or ongoing, lost or won.
- Comments – This section will allow you to add any additional, miscellaneous detail to the opportunity.
- Feedback – Another section to add additional detail or feedback from the opportunity.
Once the details have been set, click Save to create the opportunity and add it to the workflow. All of these fields can be edited again by clicking into each opportunity.